Terms of trade
These are my terms of trade: a description of how I expect to conduct my relationship with you.
1. The contract
- When I provide a quote that the client accepts, this forms the basis of the contract between Katherine Carter Web Design & Auditing and the client.
2. The client
- The client I am contracting with is the business or individual specified in the quote.
- My quotation is valid for 30 days from the date of quotation.
- My quotation is based on the information you have provided to me. If anything changes from what you have told me I may cancel the quotation and supply you with another one.
- If I incur additional costs because of the changes you want, I may charge you for this at my standard hourly rate as detailed in the quotation.
4. Acceptance of quote
- Confirmation from the client that work should proceed by email or by letter, constitutes acceptance of the quote
5. Design and development
- You cannot expect me to do more than what I detail in the quotation. For example, if I say that I will submit to the Search Engines, I do not guarantee that your website will be in the top ten listings. Likewise, if I simply quote to develop a website without any marketing activities detailed, I do not guarantee that you will get new business.
- I place a small link and/or graphic on your web pages back to my website.
- I can use any ideas, designs or technology that I create that are not specifically related to your work (or not developed for you exclusively) with other clients.
- Unless I say otherwise in the quotation, I can use your work as an example in my portfolio.
- Unless detailed otherwise in the quotation, estimated production and publication timelines are only estimates.
6. Domain names
- You allow me to authorise an Agent to transfer, register, manage and renew your domain name(s).
- You are the Registrant (owner) of the domain name (as long as you continue to pay the Registry fees).
- You agree to the Terms & Conditions of the appropriate TLD Registry: United Kingdom Domain names are overseen by Nominet - www.nominet.org.uk, International Domain names are overseen by ICAAN - www.icann.org.
- You allow me to authorise an Agent to host your content.
- You may have access to your hosted content (as long as you continue to pay the hosting fees).
- Where work is quoted at a fixed price, I reserve the right to change the final price if services procured by Katherine Carter Web Design & Auditing vary.
- Where a price has been estimated on a quote, the final price may vary.
- Payment is by cheque or bank transfer.
- You agree to pay me any deposit detailed in the quotation before I commence work.
- You agree to pay me any progress payments at the times detailed in the quotation.
- Payment is due within 30 days of invoice unless otherwise specified in the quote.
- I reserve the right to charge interest on late payments.
- Any legal costs incurred whilst pursuing a debt will be chargeable to the debtor.
- Work will be delivered to the client on completion of a project.
- Work will be delivered by uploading it to the client's server or web host.
10. Seller's liability for products
- The client has 30 days in which to identify any errors or omission in my work which I will correct, after which time the client accepts the work as being free from error.
- I guarantee to repair any defects within 30 days of the work being supplied to the customer, after which time the client accepts the work as being free from error.
- You may cancel any ongoing services I am providing at any time.
- You may ask for your WebMail, User Control Panel and FTP passwords at any time.
- If you cancel a service, you must pay me to the end of any agreed invoicing term e.g., weekly, monthly or annually.
- I may cancel any service without further notice if your account is not paid on time; you have breached these Terms of Trade; acted unlawfully or breached any other operational rules.
- I may delete all of your data at the time that you cancel your services with me.
12. Delay by the seller
- I am not liable for any delay due to late delivery by the client or by other suppliers.
- You own and have full copyright of the content that you create (the words and images on your pages), the website template and design (the HTML and CSS).
- If anything to do with your website causes problems to other people, you are responsible for this and cannot claim against me.
- I will do my best to give you what I promise when I promise, but if I can't or don't, you cannot claim any lost income or any lost opportunity from me.
- I keep a back up of your website, but you must always have a recent backup too.
- In any other situation, you cannot claim from me more than you have paid me.
15. Other matters
- You authorise me to collect and keep personal information about you, and I will abide by the Privacy Act and the Data Protection Act.
- We may use email to communicate with each other about business matters.
- As long as I undertake good business practice, you cannot claim any loss against me for things that are out of my control - things like an act of God, disaster, power or computer failure, hacker or DDOS attacks and so on.